Scientific Solutions ® Inc.
LabMaster ® DeskTop ST - BNC 20
The DeskTop ST - BNC 20 provides convenient industry standard BNC connections for 20 of the LabMaster signals in a small compact desktop unit measuring only 11" wide by 2" high by 7" deep (280mm x 51mm x 178mm).
Internally, each BNC connector has two wires - one for signal, and the other for ground. Also inside the unit is a full custom screw terminal that has "ALL" of the LabMaster signals. This unit provides the user with the ability to "customize" the front panel connections.
Many applications don't need all of the signals that the LabMaster can handle. The DeskTop ST-BNC 20 was created for those applications that just need a few of the signals (up to 20). For those applications that need all of the signals, Scientific Solutions offers a different product, The DeskTop BNC unit
How do you configure the ST-BNC 20? You can either order the unit pre-wired to what you want, or when you get the unit just open it up and make the desired connections from the back of the BNC connectors (wires already attached) to the internal screw terminals. Inside the unit, you will also find a set of "stickers" that can be placed on the front panel under each of the BNC connectors. There is a label for each of the signals available on the screw terminal.
For example, if you wanted 16 Analog input signals, 2 Digital IN and 2 Digital OUT; then you could connect the 20 BNC connections to these signals. Then you would use the AIN 0, AIN 1, AIN 2, ...AIN 15 and the DI 0, DI 1, DO 0, DO 1 stickers (assuming these are the digital connections you used) and apply these to the front panel. That's all there is to it!
The DeskTop ST-BNC 20 provides the convenience of a fully-custom unit with the cost-savings of an off-the-shelf design. You "mechanically program" the unit by wiring the 20 BNC connections to any of the signals on the internal screw terminal. You choose the signals you want, in a small convenient DeskTop unit!
BNC connections are ideal for many applications. They are widely used and standard patch cables are easily obtained. They are rugged, yet easy to use and stay connected with the "twist-on" locking feature of the connector.
Front of the DeskTop ST- BNC 20 unit:
- 20 BNC Connections
- Can be wired to ANY of the LabMaster signals internally
- Light illuminates when the computer is ON and power is therefore applied to the DeskTop unit.
This photo shows a unit that has been configured for 16 Analog Inputs, and 4 un-used connections
Inside the Desktop ST - BNC 20 unit:
- LabMaster Screw Terminal with the following connections:
- Analog Input (16 signals)
- Ain 0 to Ain 15
- Analog Output (2 signals)
- Aout 0 , Aout 1
- Digital I/O (16 signals)
- 8 Digital in
- 8 Digital Out
- Counter/Timer (9 signals)
- Timer Out 1-4
- Timer Gate 1-2
- Timer Source 1-3
- Control (5 signals)
- Bank Select 0-1
- Digital Out Strobe
- +5volts (2 places)
- Analog Input (16 signals)
- There is a sheet of labels inside the unit. You use these labels on the front of the unit to identify the particular signal connection for the BNC. Since you use the labels when you change the wiring and since you have to open the unit to change the wiring it seems like a good idea to just store the labels in the unit!
- Custom labels are available...(just ask)...so you can label the
signals to match your application!
- Example, instead of AIN 0 (for Analog Input Channel 0) you could have anything, like X-POS or whatever you want!
Back of the Desktop ST - BNC 20 unit:
- LabMaster Connection
- Use to connect to the LabMaster card in the computer